Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Unseen!

As well as weeklies and monthlies there are those 'special' jobs like annuals to be drawn. On the left is what was intended to be the cover of The Bash Street Kids annual- but the book was cancelled, and so this picture languished on the archive shelf until I happened to see it just now. I don't remember doing it, but I did do it! And a nice picture of a monster that I do recall drawing. Nice monster, that.

4 comments:

Spencer said...

My youngest will miss the Bash Street Kids annual in his Christmas sack this year :( ... and, more importantly, so will I :( :( :(

Kev T said...

NP, how far in advance do you have to draw the material for the Annuals? also did you draw Desperate Dan in this years Dandy Annual, also love your take on Billy Whizz..

James Spiring said...

Spencer, me too. I always made sure to get the Bash Street book, along with Dennis, the Beano, Dandy, and the Beano/Dandy classics one. One less annual for me this year. :(

NP said...

Kev T, The annual pages are printed in batches across the year (or were when printed by DC Thomson themselves), so pages are drawn from about February to around November, usually in a big rush. I did draw Dan I don't know what i'll be doing in next year's Beano book, probably Snooty, maybe something else too.