Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Friday 29 October 2010

Busy week

The last two or three weeks have been busy ones for me- I don't know if you know this, I should have said-  and I've also drawn six pages of Dennis and Gnasher, and I'm drawing another one today, honest, boss! I don't know where this pic will end up- if anywhere- I've lost track of everything!

Notice how it's not in colour? So there's a behind the scenes look at it, as it will be in colour once published!

5 comments:

Kid said...

NP, I notice that you've drawn DENNIS with only 3 fingers and a thumb. The cover of the BEANO Annual was the same, although the other characters all had 4 fingers and a thumb. I haven't watched the TV cartoon - does he only have 3 on that, and have you been instructed by DCT to follow that model? If so, that makes DENNIS a bit of a freak (mutant, perhaps) in BEANOTOWN. Go on - give him his full complement of fingers.

Nice drawing - GNASHER looks particularly good.

NP said...

Yes, it's the 'new look' actually over a year old now- which is very difficult to remember!

James Spiring said...

Kid, Billy Whizz and Ivy the Terrible also only have three fingers and a thumb, so it's not just Dennis.

Kid said...

Aha - it's spreading!

Meant to ask, NP - were you influenced by Frank McDairmid at all? I think I detect a little similarity in inking style.

NP said...

No, I never read Cheeky or Krazy and his work on Roger didn't register. If I have a 'style' it's 'quick, get this done', so maybe his was, too.